Thursday, November 1, 2007

Welcome!

I want to write about the business of art here every once in a while so that other artists can get some ideas of what has worked or not worked for me - it also keeps me thinking of new marketing ideas for myself.

One thing I’ve found in my many years of working as an artist is that most successful artists don’t get ‘discovered’. Being successful both financially and personally is usually something that builds up little by little by little. One good thing happens, a few rejections here and there, another good thing happens and pretty soon over a matter of months or years you find that you’re actually making money doing something you love. Listen to your instincts and trust that it will happen if you make it a priority. That doesn’t mean you should quit your day job immediately. It just means you can do small things every day that add up to much progress over time.

No comments: